Friday, 9 May 2014

Week 26

I feel really pregnant. The weeks leading up to this one must have been leading me on preparing me for what's ahead. I'm at that size now where I feel like a pregnant lady. My darling sister Kelsey said to me this week that I waddle like a pregnant lady. I was a bit stunned when she said it, and I consciously tried to correct my posture after that. But I know.... that it's all going down hill from here. I might waddle a bit now, but full time waddling is definitely in my future.

Last weekend Kelsey and I went down to Ottawa Street for their "Sew Hungry" food truck event. I've heard a lot about these food truck rally's that are put on but I've never fully experienced them. It was a good thing that I was off that day! While Kelsey was busy working throughout the day, I had been Googling which food trucks will be down there to pass the time. I figured I should do my research so I don't look like a food truck amateur once we arrived. I made note of a few places that I NEEDED to try; Jonny Blonde, The Dirty South and Funnel Cake Truck. I told Kelsey my plan and she was game. We headed down there with water bottles in hand (pregnant lady MUST have at all times) and made our way into the crowd. We started from the south end of Ottawa St and worked our way up, stopping along the trucks to read their menus. Nothing really stood out to us, so we kept walking. I really wanted to try Jonny Blonde's truck as I had seen dishes from people's Instagram accounts (yes, isn't that where you just to snoop on other people's dinner choices, to make note of your next meal? Ok. Maybe it's just me who does it) So we kept on pounding the pavement until we got to their truck. They only had 3 dishes they were serving for this event, and none of them appealed to Kelsey or me or my baby nugget buddy. Off we went on search of the perfect dish to dive into. We started seeing the end of the street, which meant we only had one side of the street left to explore. That was until....... we spotted Hank Daddy's BBQ truck!!


Good grief, my hormones went into over drive. I was smiling from ear to ear when I saw their poster of the pulled pork parfait on the side of their truck. I nearly kissed the poster while standing at it. Kelsey agreed that this is what we must get. Thank goodness she agreed because there was no way that I was going to move until I left with one of those parfaits. The line was fairly long but we waited and had some good people watching time. (Hamilton is the greatest for people watching. Especially being so close to Centre Mall) Then it was our turn! And let me tell you, nothing in that container was wasted. The layers of pulled pork and mashed potatoes with beans as toppings, was probably the best pregnant lady meal that I have experienced in all my 26 weeks.

Yes I`m about to kiss that parfait. Quit Judging


On Sunday Paul and a couple of our friends went to the Niagara Food and Wine fest. It`s been an event that Paul and I have been attending every year since we`ve been together. Unfortunately for us, we were working this year when Hamilton held theirs. Luckily Niagara held there`s a month later and we were off! This year it wasn`t as much drinking fun for me as it has been in years prior. Actually, it wasn`t ANY drinking fun! I never realized how many booths they set up to test alcohol until I couldn`t have any. I did load myself up with crepes and ice cream so I didn`t feel that left out. Until I had to drive my buzzed counterparts back home. Haha... 14 weeks and counting. Just sayin`.

I also finished my baby`s first hoodie. I figured that because I have been crocheting a ton of blankets and hats, that I should try to challenge myself to another project. I found a wonderful and easy pattern for a baby hooded cardigan (found here) and went to work. I finished it in just over 2 weeks. The part I took the longest with was going out to get buttons. Once I picked those bad boys out, it was completed! Now it`s back to blankets... hahaha.



I`ve always loved do it yourself projects. I`m not sure if it`s the frugal gal in me, or if it`s just that part of me that wants to try to see if I can do it too, but I always want to give it a shot. I saw a few pictures on Facebook of my sister Kelsey`s friend who made her nephew`s baby crib bedding. It was adorable! After looking at those pictures, I came to realize that maybe I could do it too! I`ve already taken the basic sewing machine class, I know how to sew, so let`s see if I can follow a pattern on my own. Only thing holding me back was that I don`t own a sewing machine. I went to Facebook to see if anyone had one they didn`t want. Can you believe that I actually found one that way! Thanks Kathy!! So now that I officially own one, its time to go scouting for some fabric to start my newest project. Wish me luck!

We had our first prenatal class this week. Only 4 preggos in the class accompanied by a partner. This first class was just an over view of what to expect over the next 8 weeks. Our topics were;
- pregnancy symptoms and how to relieve them
- changes our bodies are going through
- how to set up the baby's crib 
- how big our babies are at their respective weeks and how they will grow in the womb
During the conversation about how big our babies are, our teacher had us cut a piece of yarn to take a guess on how long our babies each were from head to bum. When the teach came around I used my fingers to measure the amount I was going to cut. Paul thought I was being silly but I really wanted to make sure I knew how big this baby is in there! Our teach came around with large posters of the babies actual sizes where we could hold our yarn up to measure if we were right. Can you believe I was EXACT? Ya that's right. This mama knows her baby well :) Take that Paul. 



Here are my stats for the week.....



How far along are you: 26 glorious weeks
Total weight loss or gain: I`ve had too many hot dogs this week to care. I`m sure it`s high. Next question please.
Maternity Clothes: The warm weather is approaching and that means NO PANTS!!! Skirts and maxi dresses are officially in season!
Sleep: My loving husband has purchased me a step stool to get up into bed. It has been my saviour! This pregnant ass can`t jump into bed like she used to. If it wasn`t for that stool this week, I think I would be waking Paul up every time I had to get into bed with my complaining about how high the bed is.
Best Moment this week: Finishing my baby hoodie project. It`s getting pretty real that OUR baby is going to actually wear that!
Food Cravings: Stupid hot dogs. Ok they aren`t stupid. I love them. I`ve always loved them. I just can`t be around more than one at a time or I will eat them. If I`m not around them and I think about them, I will subconsciously convince those around me that they crave them too.
Wedding rings on or off: I am gaining weight. Just not in my fingers yet.
Belly Button: It`s on the brink of coming out. It`s so friggin weird.
Symptoms: I`ve been trying to avoid this nasty sore throat cold that`s been going around work for the last couple weeks. I thought I was in the clear until Paul brought it into our house recently. (see last week`s post. This house was a no kissing zone) I caught it. It`s like swallowing razorblades. Fun stuff. So as much as it`s not a pregnancy SYMPTOM, I`d like to say that NOT being able to take my regular cold and flu drugs sucks when you get a cold. Taking natural remedies, drinking tea with honey doesn`t really bite this sickness in the ass does it.
Moods: I`m sick so I`m not the happiest camper. Feed me a hot dog and I just may be your best friend.

Here`s the newest addition to my side of the bed. (Note :the 4 pillows I now use)

Look closely. It`s popping. 

I didn`t want to write too much about this but here`s a picture of the line that a coworker and I stood in for 55 minutes while on our lunch hour trying to get into the SnuggleBugz warehouse sale in Burlington. They were having up to 70% off on discontinued and imperfect items in stock. They were only letting in 3-5 people at a time, and by the time our lunch hour was over we still had 14 people to go infront of us. Bummer? I'd say so. #babyrama

I`ll leave you with this :)