Wednesday, 5 February 2014

13 Weeks!!

I'm officially in the second trimester! Hip Hip Hooray!! This cute little babe in my tummy is starting to look more and more like a real person as every single day passes. Gone are the tadpole looking days!

This week I ventured out to the maternity stores to try on some REAL maternity pants. Now  you may be thinking it's too early for me to be wearing maternity pants. You're probably right! However during my 12 hour shifts at work, I'm sitting for 10 of those hours (the other 2 are my lunches) and I've found that while sitting for that long, I need some comfy pants. I never wanted to go into those maternity stores before I was "out" with my news. I kept thinking that someone I knew was going to catch me going in there, and I would have to come up with a reason why I was there that wouldn't be related to the fact that I'M PREGNANT! So I avoided it altogether :)

Once I finally found my way in the store, I almost felt like strutting. I was beaming! "I"m pregnant world, and I need me some comfy pants!" If you could have been in my brain, that's what was on repeat. Until I looked at the price tags. Whaaaaaaaaat?! I have to pay $69.99 and up for some stylish jeans to wear while I'm growing a person inside me? You've got to be kidding me. I'm only going to be wearing these for the next few months!  I barely find myself spending that much on jeans when I'm not growing people! I walked out of that store after trying to reason with spending $69.99+ on jeans.

I did manage to score a better deal at Motherhood Maternity buying 2 pairs of jeans because I came in during a buy one get 50% off sale. Well, better than nothing. Plus, their jeans weren't as much as the other store. Score! I had a good giggle once I got into the dressing room and saw the foam baby belly I could strap on, to give myself an idea of how I may look in a few months with my growing baby belly. Here's some pictures that gave me a good laugh.



Here are my stats for the week.....



How far along: 13 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 pounds! You heard it. I'm up 10. Woooo weeeee. I don't mind gaining the weight for my little nugget in there, but it's definitely not my favourite part of my doctors visits. However my doctor doesn't seem to mind :)
Maternity clothes: see above post for my first maternity jean purchase experience.
Stretch marks: No. Let's keep it that way.
Best moments this week: Being able to BE pregnant at work. Not having to worry about hiding it. I had a lot of people tell me that this baby is so lucky to have Paul and I as parents. I can't think of a better compliment than that! :) I'm still loving that one!
Miss anything: sleeping on my stomach. Some ladies may still be able to until they really have a belly popping out, but my tummy has been extra sensitive during my sleep that I can barely have my arm resting on it. Never mind completely laying on it!
Movement: nothing this week. However I've danced around and worked out 4 times this week, so I'm hoping that my baby is getting used to my high energy and dancing around in there too!
Food Cravings: nothing this week. At work we had a food night for the Superbowl, so baby got some great "womb service" that night.
Have you started to show yet: still some wonderful bloating. To be continued....