Wednesday, 29 January 2014

12 Weeks!

When I first found out that I was pregnant, I decided that I would like to track my pregnancy through documenting everything I do and making it into a book for my baby to see when they get older. I may or may not think that it's because I'd like to look back on these wonderful moments as well :) Throughout the last couple of weeks, I've been feeling as if my belly is changing. It probably isn't changing to anyone but me. So I started Googling to see what other baby bumps would look like at weeks 9, 10, 11 etc on other fellow pregnant ladies. Thank goodness for Pinterest. I came across many pictures of ways to document my growing belly and my pregnancy. Big thanks to Pinterest and giving me the inspiration to do this!

Since I just announced my pregnancy, I felt comfortable starting to take these photos. Here I go!



How far along: 12 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 9 pounds gained (this would be due to my contribution of starches and carbs that I could only stomach during those wonderful weeks of nauseousness) 
Maternity clothes: Bought a belly band to help with the uncomfortable work pants that I have to work on day shift. Mostly yoga pants and tights when I'm not at work because I'm bloated more than I've ever experienced before.
Stretch Marks: No, Thank god!
Best moments this week: Paul and I got to see our little growing baby during my first ultrasound this week. Saw the baby "throw it's hands up, like the ceiling can't hold it". But seriously... how cute is that, seeing your baby show you some moves during your first viewing? What a beautiful show off :) This Mumma is proud.
Miss anything: Coffee. I used to have 2+ cups a day. Then one magical day at work before nausea set in I couldn't even finish my morning coffee. I threw it out before even finishing it! Ever since then it's grossed me out. Now I just don't care to try to have a cup. I miss you coffee! See you in 6 months!
Movement: "They" say that you won't be able to feel the baby move until later on in the pregnancy. But late at night when I'm working the night shift, I've felt something flutter in my stomach. Could be gas? Yes, but it's sweeter to think I just may be more "in tuned" with my body and actually felt the babe. 
Food Cravings: Nothing crazy that makes me drive out in the bloody cold to get a taste of. I do prefer to have fruit and juice over chocolate though! (weird for me to say, I know!)
Have you started to show yet: Just the bloating I'm experiencing in the evening. 

Here's our beautiful baby.