Sunday, 4 August 2013

....and so it begins!

Last weekend I had my Pinterest inspired Bridal Shower. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to compliment my own shower, but it was so sweet and everything I pictured it to be! :) It was such an important day to me having all the females whom I've shared such amazing memories with, be altogether in one room to celebrate with me. What an amazing feeling:)

The Bridal showers in my circle of friends have usually been put on by their mothers and mother's in laws, to shower the bride before she walks down the aisle, with a day of festivities with the brides female friends and family. But because of the lack of mom in me and my siblings lives, my sisters wanted to put this together for me. I have been looking forward to this day for so long, knowing how much planning and organizing goes into a party like this. Needless to say....no matter how many obstacles we ran into, the day went on and I loved every moment of it.

I definitely felt like a bride-to-be that day! I was lucky enough to have my wedding photographer attend my shower and capture all the special moments that I will be able to relive all over again! I haven't received those edits back yet, but in the meantime here's some photos that I stole from my sisters and friends Instagrams.


Here I'm holding the most beautiful cake that has ever been made for me by my bestie/bridesmaid and on the right is the wine label that was made in honour of my shower from one of the sweetest ladies I work with whom now is one of my good friends. 
I'm glad my sister remembered to grab a photo of us with her camera! Here's my maid of honour/and sister Kelsey posing with me after the shower. <3